12. velj 2014.

Waiting on Wednesday (#82)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick

How far will a good girl go for the bad boy she loves?

Laney Holt is a preacher’s daughter. A good girl. Her only goal was to get married, have babies, and live happily ever after, just like her parents. Only that didn’t happen. The two people closest to her betrayed her, and Laney’s dreams came crashing down. Now she’s left with an empty space she doesn’t know how to fill. Until she meets Jake Theopolis, a daredevil with a death wish who has heartbreaker written all over him.

Jake has no interest in thinking beyond the here and now. All he wants out of life is the next rush, the next “feel-good” thing to keep his mind off the pain of his past. His latest rush? Showing Laney there’s more to life than being a good girl—and that going bad can be so much fun. Her only concern now is how she can ever hope to satisfy the wild side of a boy like Jake. She’s looking forward to trying. And so is Jake.


Expected publication: March 4th, 2014

Tanja's pick

For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.

But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.

As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.


Expected publication: April 1st, 2014

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

41 komentar:

  1. Stolen Songbird sounds like my kind of read! Those Strange Chemistry folks know how to pick them, I always want to read their books and I'm rarely disappointed by them. I can't believe I haven't read a M. Leighton book yet. This sounds like a good one to start with. Thanks for sharing these ladies! :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. They really do. I don't think they ever disappointed me. Thanks Lauren :)

      Izbriši
  2. Glass, I've vaguely heard of your pick, but I hope it's as steamy and sweet as its cover promises. As for Stolen Songbird, Tanja, I can't wait to read it myself. I have an ARC which I will hopefully tackle soon. Wonderful picks this week, ladies!(:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I cannot wait to see what you think of Stolen Songbird Keertana. Thank you :)

      Izbriši
  3. I haven't read anything by M.Lieghton yet and I really need to correct that. Stolen Songbird looks fantastic. Great picks ladies!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thanks Janhvi :) I hope you'll get to read both :)

      Izbriši
  4. I knew nothing about your pick Tanja so thanks for bringing it to my attention:) as for Some Like it Wild? HELLLLLS YEAH! I didn't like the first book that much, but Rusty and Jenna's story was "omfg the feeeeelzzzz!!!" so naturally I'm excited for this book since the stories and writing get better with each book:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Stolen Songbird is one I really want to read as well. It was actually a WoW of mine a few weeks back. I haven't heard of the other book but it's not really a genre I read much so that's prob. why.

    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read Stolen Songbird soon. Thanks Kristin :)

      Izbriši
  6. I haven't heard of either of these; hope you both enjoy your picks when you can get to them!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Such different picks, but both sound really good! I'm hit or miss with M. Leighton so I think I'll hang back and watch the reviews come in before picking this one up, Glass. I do love "preacher daughter" stories. They're usually the most wild of girls, lol! :)

    I enjoy fantasy, Grave Mercy and Dark Triumph were so very good, so this might work for me too, Tanja.

    Great picks, ladies! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah, we kinda went to different directions this time. I hope you'll get to read them soon :) Thanks Rachel :)

      Izbriši
  8. Both of these do look really good, great picks this week!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Stolen Songbird Tanja! I LOVED that one so much! I just read it recently and it blew me away, I'm already dying for the next one. I can't wait to see what you think! And I've heard great things about the M. Leighton series, so I really need to give those a try:) They look quite sexy!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm currently reading it and I'm LOVING IT :) I hope you'll get to read it. Thanks Jenny :)

      Izbriši
  10. I haven't heard of either of these books. You have such different picks this week! I hope you both enjoy reading these. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes we both picked something typical for us :) Thanks Sandra :)

      Izbriši
  11. Haven't heard of these but sounds good, and hope that you get to read it soon.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. I haven't see Frozen, yet, so that helps me to picture these trolls quite differently. Thanks Aman :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Stolen songbird has me curious. I've not seen much about it, but I've been seeing the cover going around a lot lately :) Oh, and I just noticed your reading it, so I can't wait to see your review on it! Great picks and thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yeah I schedule my WOW post early so I always end up reading my picks. It's amazing. Thanks Janina :)

      Izbriši
  14. I love the cover of Stolen Songbird. I have a feeling I will be getting engrossed in this one soon. I like the premise of it, but I'm not really a historical YA fan so It will be interested to see my reaction. Hehe! Great Picks. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I don't see historical part of it just yet. I mean I have no idea which period this book is covering but I'm enjoying it nevertheless. I hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks Emma :)

      Izbriši
  15. Oh yes, I am looking forward to Stolen Songbird as well, I have it scheduled on the blog in April!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. That's amazing. I cannot wait to see what you think of it. Thanks Heidi :)

      Izbriši
  16. Really need to read The Wild Ones, feel like I am missing out here. Have the Stolen Songbird. Really excited for that one!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Stolen Songbird has me intrigued, I have the Wild Ones in my review tbr pile..and need to read book one asap..LOL

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read both of them. Thanks Kim :)

      Izbriši
  18. Stolen Songbird has such a pretty cover! Like Kimba, I have the Wild Ones and STILL haven't read it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll read it and enjoy it. Thanks Candace :)

      Izbriši
  19. Stolen Songbird sounds great! I haven't read a book with trolls before, and I'm definitely curious to read more about them. Awesome picks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  20. Omg I'm really looking forward to Stolen Songbird! I literally just requested a copy from Strange Chemistry. Hope I get one :P
    Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  21. Oh Some Like It Wild!!! I'm reading that this weekend and I am so excited! Love Michelle's books! Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  22. I got the ARC for Stolen songbird and I think I will love it. Great picks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...