22. ruj 2014.

Blog Tour: Crushed by Eliza Crewe

Hello all. Today I'm so happy to host Crushed blog tour at my blog. As you maybe have heard Strange Chemistry stopped existing only few months ago and because of that Crushed didn't get published on time. But luckily for us Eliza did an amazing job and self published the book. So I'm happy to announce that Meda is back! You can follow the rest of the tour here.
Buy the book at 
Author's 

Book summary:
Meda's back. This time, she has a friend.
The battle is over; the choice has been made. Meda Melange has officially hung up her monstrous mantle and planted her feet firmly on the holy and righteous path of a Crusader-in-training. Or, at least, she’s willing to give it a shot. It helps that the Crusaders are the only thing standing between her and the demon hordes who want her dead.
The problem is, the only people less convinced than Meda of her new-found role as Good Girl are the very Crusaders she’s trying to join. So when a devilishly handsome half-demon boy offers escape, how’s a girl supposed to say “no?”
After all, everyone knows a good girl’s greatest weakness is a bad boy.
           We all have heard of that serious second-book-in-series syndrome, but boy we do need a new one which would be something like second-book-rocking-the-whole-series syndrome. Heck, I'm gonna make a shelf for that on Goodreads and Crushed will have the honor to be the first one there. Because I did like Cracked but I adored Crushed.

            Our awesome protagonist Meda is back! The battle is over and while things aren't perfect, but still Meda made her choice and officially became a part of a "good" side (but we all know that there are really no innocent in wars) but you know the good ol' one - a leopard doesn't change his spots. 
One day I will have the opportunity to do some great good, a good so great as to change the course of human history. But the potential to do good and choosing to actually do it, are two very different things. 
          She is trying but well universe has never been her good friend and let's face it - it doesn't fit her style. But with being good comes a great responsibility and even greater weakness - bad boys, so when one appears how could Meda resist. Yes she tries, but she also fails.  

           While I did intentionally made that sound like there is a great romance, don't get fooled. This still is a dark and twisted story with equally dark protagonist who will do anything and everything to survive this dark and twisted world and who knows when to stop hoping. So while I shipped the two of them this story was never flying unicorns and rainbows, which for me is the best thing about this series. It always stays true to the setting and Meda's character. It also offers some amazing sidekicks which even though different still amazingly crafted and diverse. 

            But I cannot hide that my fave will always be Meda, and it's not that we are alike. It's actually quite opposite as we couldn't be different, but the catch is that once I dive into this world I become Meda and Meda becomes me. We laugh together and in this case hope together. Only I'm hopeless idiot most of the time and not nearly as brave, but still we do share shoes and hopefully we'll continue to do so. 

Rating: 5 stars. 

About the author

Eliza Crewe always thought she’d be a lawyer, and even went so far as to complete law school. But as they say, you are what you eat, and considering the number of books Eliza has devoured since childhood, it was inevitable she’d end up in the literary world. She abandoned the lawyer-plan to instead become a librarian and now a writer.

While she’s been filling notebooks with random scenes for years, Eliza didn’t seriously commit to writing an entire novel until the spring of 2011, when she and her husband bought a house. With that house came a half-hour commute, during which Eliza decided she needed something to think about other than her road-rage. Is it any surprise she wrote a book about a blood-thirsty, people-eating monster?

Eliza has lived in Illinois, Edinburgh, and Las Vegas, and now lives in North Carolina with her husband, her hens, her angry, talking, stuffed dwarf giraffe, and a sweet, mute, pantomiming bear. She likes to partially-complete craft projects, free-range her hens, and take long walks.

Until the next time, 

Broj komentara: 27:

  1. Why am I only just hearing about this one? And you have it five stars??? Okay now I'm super curouis!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I so need to begin this series already! I am beyond thrilled you loved this second installment, Tanja--can't wait to dive in myself! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Wow, five stars! That's awesome you loved this even more than the first. You're right, that's rare. I need to read these!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I need this book in my hands NOW! This sounds amazing!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I recently read the first book and I guess I wanted so much more out of Meda, she was witty and hilarious but she just went along with the humans. Glad to hear you enjoyed the 2nd book just as much, keen for some more Meda action hehe.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read this one soon :)

      Izbriši
  6. I'm so so so curious about this series. Everyone is loving it and I confess that i want to try it bad now. I'm glad this one was even better!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. I prefer this type of syndrome 100 times more than the usual sequel one—well said! I've been on a dark read kick lately, but I'm happy to learn that there is a romantic side to this book as well. A little lovin' never hurts IMO. I can't wait to meet Meda!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Meda sounds great but cover is creepy!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Ahhhh! MUST READ THIS TANJA! I've heard only amazing things about this series and Meda in particular, and I love that she's both hero and villain in many ways. Can't wait to meet her:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. I absolutely love this series and I can't wait for book three, which I am hoping we get even though the publishing company is no more. I am hoping someone else picks this fabulous series up!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I truly hope we'll get the next one soon :)

      Izbriši
  11. I never read the first book, but it is on my tbr list. I am just sad Strange Chemistry is gone, they had some great books. Great review, I will give this series a chance.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. That is so awesome that you loved this second book more than the first. I need to give this series a start because it sounds so unique! :) You can tell an author is fabulous when she writes a book without any second book syndrome.
    Lovely review, Tanja! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll give it a chance. Thanks, Nick :)

      Izbriši
  13. Yeah for a super strong sequel. I have this series on my radar since you and Maja reviewed it last year. I must get it, now.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. I haven't read the first in the series, but hearing that the author self published this one because of difficulties shows how strong she is and willing to get her book to her readers! I admire her for that ;) It sounds like this is a great sequel, and better than most sequels are. I best check these out :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...